Living in Kigali was started by Kirsty Henderson in 2011, as a personal blog to record her time in the city and help new arrivals get settled.
Since then, it’s become the #1 resource for people moving to, and living in, Rwanda. Combined with a thriving Facebook community, Living in Kigali helps thousands of people every month, providing local knowledge and expertise on everything from renting houses to fining obscure groceries.
Now, after a decade of creating value and helping people, Living in Kigali is growing, creating fresh content to meet the ever-growing demand in one of Africa’s fast-growing and most exciting cities.
We’re working with Rwandan content creators and local businesses to bring new ideas and connect Kigali’s residents with the best of everything the city has to offer.
- Provide honest advice to people moving to and living in Kigali, sourced from local expertise and long-term residents.
- Create a welcoming, inclusive, community for everyone living in Kigali.
- Foster local talent and mentor young writers, creatives, and freelancers to thrive working remotely.
- Help local businesses in Rwanda connect with potential customers and clients.
- Celebrate the beauty and splendour of Rwanda, and everything that makes it such a wonderful place.
Meet The Team
Leah is a freelance copywriter and blogger from Kenya that’s been living in Kigali since 2018. She enjoys exploring Rwanda through hiking and meeting up with friends over some iced tea.
Zeddy Kosgei is a multimedia journalist with a passion for storytelling. Kosgei lives and works in East Africa and describes herself as an Afro-Optimist. She loves travelling and is on a mission to use journalism and narrative non-fiction to show you incredible places and unforgettable experiences Kigali has to offer.
Conor is the editor of Living in Kigali. Before arriving in Rwanda, he had traveled and lived in over 40 countries. He now splits his time between working remotely in Kigali and Nairobi.
Aside from running Living in Kigali, Conor works as a content manager for an online publishing company generating millions of dollars per month in revenue.